Friday 21 June 2013

Paint that pout .. X

It has come to my attention, that for someone who doesn't wear a lot of lipstick, I seem to have gained quite a significant collection. Over the past week. I have challenged myself to wear it more often and, go a little crazy with neon. Well, if the sun won't shine, I have inject a little brightness into my day somehow! 

So, with this in mind, I thought I'd do a little lipstick post. 

First a quick peak at my (growing) collection



Whilst its not horrifically huge, it is for someone who wears Carmex on a daily basis. 


I did purchase a few Barry M neon shades, in my opinion Barry N do the best neon lip sticks, non drying, and on budget. I tend to not go to expensive when things like the neon lip phase in and out, also the likelihood of me actually wearing it, it quite slim. 

Shades pink: 62 and orange : 151




If I'm going to do a statement lip, I play down everything else. So I don't look like a toddler has done my make up while I wasn't looking.

My ultimate fave shade is Rimmel's electric plum. I'm quite fair, so pulling off dark colours can be tricky, but this shade is just right, vampy cool rather than washout. 
A go to for a girly lunch, a cheeky date or even on those days you don't feel like making an effort, this definitely perks up my mood. 


I received this next one in a glossy box box a few months ago, and thought I'd give it a try, I'd never heard of this brand before, but turns out, it's those unsuspecting ones that you fall in love with. Head. Over. Heels.



Creamy peachy? Perfect for summer days, not to bright, moisturising and more importantly, doesn't wear off to easy. I can also identify which coffee mug is mine. 

So, from now on, I vow to wear lipstick more often. 

X BB X 




No comments:

Post a Comment